- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Add the “Very Inspiring Blogger Award” logo to your post.
- Share 7 things about yourself.
- Nominate 15 bloggers who inspire you.
- Include the set of rules.
- Inform your nominees by posting a comment on his/her blog.
Thanks to Hattie from Books Make Me Happy for nominating me. Normally, I don’t pass on these awards because I haven’t the time to, but I’m making time today.
- I write poems, short stories, and have 3 unfinished novels.
- I love big cities.
- I love to read books — all kinds, though lately a lot of historical fiction.
- I’m finally in a book club that has lasted more than 3 months.
- I love my family, and my little girls is getting so tall!
- I want to inspire others to read more poetry.
- It’s the little things that make me happiest — a bouquet of sunflowers, orchids, etc., putting away the dishes before I get to them, watching my little girl laugh, hanging out with friends over good coffee or wine and dessert (anything chocolate, really).
Bloggers Who Inspire Me; I’m limiting myself to 7:
- Rhapsody in Books because she challenges me to read more YA and nonfiction
- Bermudaonion because she’s always so kind and comments on everyone’s blogs
- Book Chatter because she loves those dark stories that I love.
- Diary of an Eccentric because she’s as passionate as I am about Jane Austen and war-related fiction — nevermind I’ve known her in real life for more than a decade.
- Unabridged Chick because she’s passionate about historical fiction and has great taste.
- Caribousmom because she’s always so kind, utterly talented at quilting, and a dog lover.
- Under My Apple Tree because she has a great eye for birds, nature, and photography.